March 2nd, 2013
- Spectator access via the Bellows
South Trail will allow the public access
to watch the race. This trail will not be
patrolled, but will be marked. It will be
groomed, so walking will not be difficult.
- The finish line of the race is not in the
Glen. It is about a 30 minute hike up the
Bellows South Trai depending on
your level of fitness.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, hot
chocolate, and coffee will be available on
- The Bucket Trail is reserved for racers
making their way back down the
mountain after their run. Spectators are
asked to avoid this trail.
- The Super Highway is also reserved
for racers making their way up the
- Spectators MUST stay off the
Thunderbolt at all times during the
race. Spectator foot traffic must remain
inside the wood-line adjacent to the
Thunderbolt behind the warning tape.
- Porta-Pottys will be available at Race HQ.
- Dogs MUST BE leashed.
- No alcohol.
Race Day Maps
- Gould Rd. will be reserved for volunteers
and racers....one side only...between the
hours of 7 AM and 10:30 AM.
Spectators will have to park on West
Mtn. Rd. or catch the shuttle during
- At 10:30 AM, if there is space on Gould
Rd., it will be open to spectators.
- Spectators may choose to park on West
Mtn. Rd. and walk over to Race HQ. It's
aout a 10 minute walk via the trail shown
- Race Shuttle
- A shuttle bus will run from the Meehan
Parking lot on Hoosac St. in Adams to the
Glen from 9 AM to 2:30 PM. The ride is free
of charge. Please see the map for
additional locations for parking and shuttle
- The Meehan lot will be staffed by local Boy
Scouts from 9 AM until the end of the race
- Click HERE to download and print a PDF
|The 2013 Thunderbolt Downhill Ski Race is being held under
the auspices of The Thunderbolt Ski Runners.
Race Day Trail Map...this will be printed in the official Race
Program...click HERE to download and print your own version now.
times, and was last updated on January 10th, 2013.
Copyright 2013 Thunderbolt Ski Runners, Inc.
This site has been visited
|Spectator Information, Parking, & Shuttles
Don't forget to stop by the Adams Visitors Center on Hoosac
St. from Noon to 5 PM for the 2nd edition of THUNDERFEST!